in the Slocan Valley
The Slocan Valley offers a variety of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Here are some of the top things to do:
- Float down the Slocan River, canoe on Slocan Lake, hike into the alpine in Valhalla Provincial Park
- Explore the beauty of Valhalla Provincial Park, with its hiking trails, camping areas, and stunning mountain views.
- Spend a day at Slocan Lake, where you can swim, paddleboard, kayak, or simply relax on the sandy beach.
- Visit the historic towns of New Denver, Silverton, and Slocan City, known for their charming small-town atmosphere and rich mining heritage.
- Take a scenic drive along Highway 6, which winds through the picturesque Slocan Valley, offering stunning views of mountains, rivers, and forests.
- Experience the vibrant arts and culture scene in the valley, with numerous galleries, studios, and live music events.
- Go fishing in the Slocan River, known for its abundance of trout and beautiful surroundings.
- Embark on a mountain biking adventure on the trails that crisscross the valley, offering an adrenaline-filled experience for riders of all levels.
- Visit the Slocan Valley Rail Trail, a scenic 50-kilometer trail that follows the historic railbed, perfect for walking, jogging, or cycling.
- Indulge in locally grown and produced food and drink, with numerous farm markets, wineries, and craft breweries in the area.
- Take in the stunning fall colours during the autumn months, as the valley transforms into a kaleidoscope of red, orange, and yellow hues.
in Nelson, BC
- Visit the historic Baker Street, known for its charming shops, restaurants, and galleries.
- Explore the beautiful Lakeside Park, perfect for picnics, swimming, and enjoying the scenic views.
- Take a stroll along the Nelson Riverfront Walk, and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and stunning views.
- Visit the Nelson & District Museum to learn about the region’s history and culture.
- Go hiking or mountain biking on the numerous trails in the surrounding mountains and forests.
- Visit the Kootenay Co-op grocery store, known for its organic and local products.
- Enjoy a scenic drive along the Kootenay Lake and revel in the breathtaking views.
- Visit the Oso Negro Coffee House, a local favourite for its delicious coffee and baked goods.
- Explore the ArtWalk, a self-guided tour showcasing local art throughout the town. Nelson is known for its vibrant arts community, with numerous art galleries and theatres to explore.
- Go fishing or kayaking on the Kootenay Lake or nearby rivers.
- Attend a live performance at the Capitol Theatre, a historic venue known for its diverse shows.
- Visit the Nelson Farmers’ Market to shop for fresh local produce, crafts, and more.
- Go on a scenic hike to the iconic Kokanee Glacier Provincial Park.
- Explore the shops and galleries in the vibrant downtown area.
- Take a dip in one of the many nearby hot springs for a relaxing experience.